If you have a law enforcement officer as a friend or family member, National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.) on January 9 is the perfect time to show officers we understand how difficult their job is. So it’s important to show officers how much we understand their difficult work and appreciate their sacrifice and risk.
On Sunday, January 9th, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.
On January 9th of each year, our nation’s citizens are called to action in support of law enforcement. Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and are discouraged about the negative attention being given to law enforcement are encouraged to take time on January 9th to show their support. Seminole County and Southwest Gerogia citizens can show their support in a number of ways:
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light –
Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
• Post a public service announcement about the day
to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
• Coordinate and/or participate in a Blue Blood Drive.
Most importantly, when you see a law enforcement officer, thank him or her for their service and sacrifice!